Sunday, June 13, 2010

My dog Part 2

When we went camping up to kings river, or even when I went to pick up my son from school, I'd asked Belly if she wanted to go for a drive, immediately she lost her mind, she'd start leaping like a gazelle, we called it "Gazelling", she loved going in the car. She'd hang out the window, and it never failed eventually she'd come up on my right side and lean against my shoulder, then she'd tuck her face into the crook of my neck and press, she was hugging me! She always did, as though to thank me for taking her for a drive. She never realized she got bigger though, and always wanted to sit on Patrick's lap. I think Patrick was around 7 when we got her, early on she fit on his lap nicely, but as time passed she still sat on his lap, only it got kind of hard to see Patrick, but Patrick caught up. She liked to sleep with me, always wanted to sleep on the bed, she loved sleeping with Patrick, and when he'd climb in my bed she'd prompted lay above his pillow tucked around him like she was protecting him.
Eventually we moved out of that house and into another, shortly after Belly had puppies, that's when we found her first flaw, she was not a good mother. She had no interest in anything besides being with me and the boys. Well she like her kitty too. I'd take her and ask her to lie down so the puppies could eat, and she'd lie down, they'd begin eating, and I'd get up to go do something, I'd turn around and she was right behind me. She was always right behind me I'd later learn, after turning quickly when I forgot something and promptly tripping over Belly. We began to call her a stalker, but we meant it with great fondness, she just loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment